It’s nearly Christmas, so let’s have a list of positive things:
- I did some writing today. Slow progress, but progress nonetheless and I am not beating myself up about it.
- I am listening to a lot of Elbow. It helps. The Seldom Seen Kid and The Take Off and Landing of Everything are my go to listens.
- I am reading Philip Larkin’s ‘Letters to Monica.’ He’s a grumpy old bastard, but I like the way he gets cross about the Archers and am absolutely fascinated by his obsession with Beatrix Potter.
- I have watched the first episode of Jessica Jones on Netflix. It’s rather good in a dark and troubled way.
- I am going to watch Luther tonight. Idris Elba. Just YES.
- The pain in my ovary/lady part hip area is finally easing although it is still a bit shit.
- I have steadily been eating Christmas goodies throughout the day.
- It has been quiet. The girls are with their dad, the boy went to see the new Star Wars film. Peace perfect peace.
- Hot bath.Plenty of water. No interruptions. Utter win.
- The cat has become bored of wrecking the Christmas tree.
That’s about it really.