La Belette Rouge whose blog you can see here, has done a meme inviting people to write down six things which make them happy but which are in essence frivolous. Now, as we know, I am usually a glass half empty, glass half empty and the other half full of wee type woman, so I thought I would stretch my miserable brain cells and give it a go.
- I went to school in my pyjamas today! It was brilliant. I was so relaxed. Didn’t have to rush getting myself ready as well as the kids. Freakily nobody noticed. It says a lot for my day to day dress sense, but frankly I don’t care. I cheated THE MAN. Hoorah!
- I love that Oscar loves his new hat and gloves. He did a hat and gloves song and dance this morning he was so excited about putting them on to go to nursery. Then he gave himself a round of applause.
- I have until three o’clock this afternoon all to myself without the children, or Jason. I can do whatever I want. I made extra specially sure that I could because I haven’t arranged to meet anyone or do anything for anyone. I have decided to lounge about decadently and not do any cleaning.
- Jason realised I was getting a bit credit crunch stir crazy. Turns out he had salted away some funds with such an event in mind. He took me to Borders yesterday and let me go hog wild with books. They didn’t have all the ones I wanted, so he let me order the rest from the internet. I lub him. I lub him very much.
- I have a cherry pie in the fridge, and a tub of custard with real Madagascan vanilla in it. Lunch is sorted!
- The view from my study window is gorgeous. The church spire is peeping through the skeleton of the trees and I can see Bradgate park rolling away in front of my eyes. The pigeons are bending the branches on the apple tree and the grass is still crispy with frost.